Background

vrijdag 30 september 2011

Autumn

Oh we are so lucky here in The Netherlands.... we have a whole week with summer sun and temps that belong to summertime!!! At last we have some.... and that makes the trees and their leaves spectaculair to see...  All the shades of green and shades of brown on them.... I just had to play and try to express my feelings on how beautiful it is....
And lucky me... this weeks theme at Totally Papercraft Challenge blog is Autumn!!!!
And as I work on the blog of ARTSpecially Friends as well I can finally combine my big passion for playing with all kind of techniques and challenges and be able to show more of my "art" cards here on my blog...
I sure hope you like it.


Now the basic technique I found in the magazine ARTSpecially magazine # 4 page 8
Just gave it my own twist...
* I airbrushed the background on bazzil white cardstock with E09,E18,YG95,YG97.
* Worked the background with a Minimister and Copic Blender fluids
* Then stamped with gesso and Poetic leaves and Poetic prints from Hero Art the white leaves.
* Then stamped the same leaves with Adirondack Oregano, Cat's eye Lime pastel and Chesnut Roan and Brillance Pearlesent Poppy.
* Cut out the Tim Holtz tree and used the left over as a stencil and inked it with Tea Dye and Vintage photo.
* Add Gesso to the edges of the cards... when dried I inked them with Vintage photo and Walnut stain.
* Stamped the text that says:
Miracles are so ordinary that if you don't look you don't see them!
* Added some little leaves from my stash.

If you are interested in looking for more of these great and fun techniques... please take a look at 
ARTSpecially Friends blog and find the wonderful Magazines that are also available in English and German language!



Photobucket

4 opmerkingen:

Keep It Sweet and Simple zei

We are having an Indian summer here too, Marion. Crazy summer temperatures!
Stunning card, so creative. Can't wait to see more like this.
Caroline xxx

Anne zei

Love this Marion, absolutely perfect for our theme.
Anne x

Sue zei

Hi hun
this is totally stunning, beautiful work, sue,xx

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity zei

This is gorgeous Marion. What a berautiful layout and autumn colours. Also a beautiful sentiment. Super.
have a nice Sunday and greet from
Marja